Friday, June 1, 2012

Farmer's Wife Friday

Happy Friday! I can't believe it's June already. Where is the time going??

 

 block 26: Cut Glass Dish
I've been drawn to reds and navy lately, and I love these Moda scissors. I used the last bits of these scraps in this block and am happy as they "cut" their way between all those dang triangles!  I used a Kona navy and also some Denyse Schmidt print instead of white or cream to give some balance to the colors in the block.


block 100: Weathervane
Another fun one! I used some bits of a fun Japanese mushrooms print, Kona khaki, and a bit of Aneela Hooey's Little Apples print in aqua.  There are a deceptive 36 pieces in this little 6 inch block. That is A LOT of sewing. And quite a bit of the inevitable unsewing. Sigh!



1 comment:

Mariel said...

the weathervane block is AMAZING.