Friday, November 25, 2011

Farmer's Wife Friday

Hi! I'm back with some Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks... FINALLY!!! With the holidays fast approaching, the gal getting more active, and work, I've been neglecting this project.

block #31: Evening Star
A bit of Appleville in the center, some Denyse Schmidt dots for the points, and some unknown scraps of navy as the background. I love how it reads from a distance! The dots make it *glow* when you pin it up across the room.


block 69: Practical orchard
What's better than some Apple Dots? Not much for this block. Loving these two together!

block 39: Friendship
Well, then there's this block... How could I resist using these fun charm squares from Aneela Hooey's Little Apples line??? I love how the kids appear to be going around the center. The white is some scrap Kona cotton.

block 41: Friendship Star
And speaking of friendship, here's what I came up this one. Not quite convinced there's enough contrast, but we will leave it up on the board to ponder. It may be a redo. Fabrics are more Denyse Schmidt as the background and some fun scraps of some girls playing (Moda? Maybe Michael Miller?).

block #6: Big Dipper
I love using up favorite scraps as in this case. Loving the large scale brown pattern against the semi regular strips of the Japanese mushrooms print.


block 85: Square Dance
And then there's this one. My FAAAVORITE from this batch! So perfect! I used a bit of this awesome Japanese girl and bear apple picking print as the center and triangles, some scrap red vintage dots, then a bit of Aneela Hooey's Apples print for the corners. I love the repeating of the apples theme!

Hope you enjoy your weekend of Turkey sandwiches, turkey pot pie, turkey soup, turkey hash, turkey salad... you get the drift.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love all of these! Especially the first and the last ones.

starlightsound said...

Me too! Those are my two favorites.

Heather Jones said...

These are so great, Gillian!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Your blocks are adorable!!!

Andie Johnson said...

G - seriously - these are really, really perfect. Your strong sense of color is evident in these. Good stuff.