Saturday, May 31, 2008

While waiting

I thought I'd update some long overdue posts...

Here's another little quilt for a good friend's upcoming babe.

Here's from the design and construction process...

The couple are both redheads and had an"orange" theme to their wedding (ok, ok... I guess you know it's for the Speed family's little Steamboat), so I thought the oranges and greens would be a good color combo. Some of the fabrics are from my mom's fabric stash I inherited (dated from the 70s and 80s) and just fit in nicely.

I got to play with applique on the sashing for one of the first times ever and have to say I'm pretty happy with the results!
Hope little Steamboat enjoys spending the summer on his own little citrusy-melony little quilt!

3 comments:

amanda. said...

that quilt is AMAZING! will you help me with one i am making noah?

Sarah and Jake said...

WE LOVE THIS QUILT! It is stunning. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Love,
The Speeds

starlightsound said...

Hells yeah! I'd love to help, Amanda! Maybe some mama-craft time this week will encourage all this prodromal labor to get organized and get going...