Friday, April 4, 2008

April 4th

One year ago today I went into labor with Burke. Today, I am laboring through the heartache and grief while working on an unfinished quilt from last year. The quilt I started last fall/winter is turning into more of a family quilt than one intended for a babe, and I think that's okay with me. It will give our family plenty of warmth and comfy snuggles next winter, and it's giving me something to work through this week.

So, today's Good thing is a Work In Progress:
Here are some of the nine large patches made up of 64 small patches. More photos to come when there's some better lighting to take them by.




"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it." -Helen Keller

Here's to the coming through the fire... day by day, by whatever means we can.

Peace.

No comments: