Friday, August 3, 2007

The mailer...

So I'm about to send off this first batch of hats and stuff to Touching Little Lives. Before I do, here's some photos from the fun and mayhem! Thank you to Contessa for the BEAUTIFUL isolette/kangaroo quilt (featured as the background), Sarah, Mallory, Lauren and Amanda for all your knotty knits!!!

First is a couple of shots of the table-o-yarn... Thanks to Mrs. Mediodia for her generous donation of wool, silk, acrylic, mohair, and glorious blends of all kinds!!



...and from that mountain was made this stack of beautiful hats... The white layette was also
donated by Amanda. I've got a lovely box lined with tissue paper to wrap it up in.


Here are a couple of close ups of the pretty things... I love the blue and pink lacy caps, and the blue-green fringe band!
I made the hearts and polka dot hats. It's a new fixation. I am trying to get better at knitting with two yarns, and am feeling loads more confident in my skills. I started making some with initials on them, you know, just one letter. I think it would make them personal. So far I'm up to J, but am about ready to go back to some other projects, including the woodland hats I started (gnome, fawn, hedgehog, acorn). I'll share more later.

So here it is: Friday night. Time to rally, get some dinner made, some more drywall sanded and ready for final mudding, and to try and find some peace. It's been a weary week.
Sigh. Before I get back to it, I think I'll go ahead and carefully pack the box. Love went into each stitch. May they find and give comfort to those that need it most.

My love to all who read this,
Gillian.

No comments: