Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Knit-A-Thon!

This Saturday is the first Knit-A-Thon I'm holding. Not sure how many folks are going to be coming, but I'm excited in any case. I got a huge batch of yarn donated (I'd take a photo of the spectrum, but we left our camera card at the inlaws. Soon it will be delivered. Soon I will be able to share). Anyhow, I've got a few patterns for beginning knitters, some for more advanced folks, and a few crafts for the non-knitters, mostly tags that need making and some fabric ghosties that need assembling and have their hearts sewn on. I borrowed a serger, but am quickly running out of time to get the squares and circles cut and edged. Ah, well! I'll do the best I can. The next one in September will be better organized.
Looking through the websites that have good patterns for NICU babes is breaking my heart. I think this is part of the reason I am not getting things together as quickly as I would like. It takes so much emotional energy to navigate through them.
Sigh.
When they say it takes time to heal, they really mean it. There is nothing to do but work through it. There are no shortcuts through grief.

That's it for now.
-G

No comments: